-->

Thursday, February 15, 2018

February 15. Day 46. Dancing through life




Here we go again.
Another Orientation Week. Another group of students who look in equal measure excited and like deer caught in the head lights.
It's exciting stuff. It really is. The university tries to put on a good show for them but if I'm honest it felt less like a big warm hug today and more like a baptism of fire.
This heatwave thing is sapping everyone's energy.
Still in the best tradition of the performing arts, the show must go on and the more seasoned students tried to ignore the furnace and show the newbies what they have in store. Most of the students seemed more interested in the free snow cones. You can't really blame them for that.
By mid afternoon I hit the wall. You know the saying "No pain. No gain?" It had better be right. This week I took delivery of two things designed to make my life better. The first is Lite and Easy. The second is a Mandibular Advancement Splint designed to revolutionize my life by treating sleep apnea. Jaw discomfort is a side effect early on. Today I was in agony. I drugged myself to get to work. I couldn't open my mouth wide enough to eat much of the diet food. Then the pain killers wore off and the lack of food hit. I had to go home. Liquids, more drugs and a nap helped. As I told the students this morning. "This is new. It will take a bit of getting used to but you've got this." Time to take some of my own advice.













































No comments:

Post a Comment