-->

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

February 14. Day 45.That's the look of love






Valentine's Day. The day we celebrate love. It's just as well love comes in many forms.
My husband is away at a bridge tournament on the Gold Coast. That's his thing. Everyone is entitled to their thing. I did my "thing" with some of the other important characters in my life.
For the dogs, it was their favourite treats cut into the shape of a heart. They loved the treats. I'm pretty sure the shape meant nothing.
For the lad it was a trip to the theatre, something we love to do together. Being in the opening night crowd is always special.
And for Margaret next door, my act of love was to take her to the doctor's for a skin cancer biopsy. The procedure went well until I noticed the trail of blood from the surgery to the car. Margaret's precious birds had to wait just a bit longer while the wound was redressed. She was incredibly grateful for the attention.
It's just as well I think Valentine's Day is a creation of the greeting card industry back  when people sent cards. There's no harm in playing along, but a big gesture once a year isn't what counts. It's how you treat people every day, right?
































No comments:

Post a Comment