-->

Sunday, January 28, 2018

January 28. Day 28. The early birds



As I understand it, "normal" people use holidays as an opportunity to sleep in.  I get up early. A walk along the beach at dawn is an excellent start to the day.  Even if this wasn't my "thing" this morning sleeping in was a virtual impossibility. The early birds were putting on a dawn chorus right outside my bedroom window. I don't think I've ever seen as many galahs and sulphur crested cockatoos in one place. That place was metres from my bed. Besides, the dogs insist on a morning walk along the beach. Just as well I listened to both the birds and the dogs. At the bottom of the stairs to the beach which are 33 metres from house (I know this because a sign says so) a small crowd was gathering. It grew during the time we were on the beach. It turned out a turtle had laid eggs during the night. There was a distinct path and a mound. Indigenous wildlife officers arrived. Measurements were taken. Some time before the end of Match there will be tiny footprints from above the high water mark when the hatchlings make their way to the water. Perhaps I should book another holiday ....










 












No comments:

Post a Comment