-->

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

January 24. Day 24. The heat in on


Every time we have a heat wave like the one we are enduring at the moment the message is the same - check on the elderly. For what it's worth, I do that. I visit Margaret next door every day. I've offered to buy her fans. I've offered to bring her into my air conditioning but you can't convince her. I find the heat almost intolerable when I visit. I'm a big ball of sweat. My fur babies pant. Rarely, Margaret will actually concede it is hot. She will eat an ice block for dinner. But if it really bothers her, she does a really good job of either hiding it or being in complete denial. Margaret's guilty pleasure is watching The Bold and the Beautiful every afternoon at 4.30. She leaves her seat at the verandah window, locks the doors and windows and goes into the lounge. I break out in a sweat just looking at it. I think she thinks the rest of us are just soft. She's lived in this house for more than 80 years. That's 80 plus Queensland summers and she sees no point in changing her habits now.





No comments:

Post a Comment