-->

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

January 16. Day 16. The shape of water

It's a hideously cliched thing to do but I'm trying to cleanse my life as a new year's resolution kind of thing. This involves both my person and my home. The body work is not yet proceeding at a cracking pace but I have started walking again, I've started to tackle a few medical issues.
The first Lite and Easy order has been lodged. It's a start. The domestic front is proceeding a little faster. Days of repairs, carpet cleaning, window cleaning and a world championship purge of clothes, books and DVDs. With the assistance of a cleaner, a mowing man, a carpet cleaner, a window cleaner, a pest control man and a handyman things are starting to sparkle around here. A new lounge suite should be arriving by the end of the month, there are new cushions on the balcony furniture and new linen in Oliver's room (turns out the room also has carpet on the floor. It's been such a long time since I've been able to see it, I wasn't sure). There's a long way to go but I feel progress. I also feel tired. But the beach beckons. 10 more days and I'll be back at the coast in what never fails to deliver the best type of cleanse of all, that of the soul. For now South Bank, where these photos were taken, is the closest I get to the beach. It will do, for now. Then in February it's back to work to cleanse the credit card statement.






























No comments:

Post a Comment