-->

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

December 26. Day 360. Nailed it


Buying presents for people in their senior years is pretty bloody hard. There is only so much soap, talc etc a person needs. I find my neighbour Margaret particularly difficult for two reasons. Firstly, her way of spending her day pretty much involves sitting at the window watching the street and feeding birds.  And secondly, if you get it wrong and buy something she doesn't like Margaret is not backward in coming forward. This year, I was pretty sure I had nailed it. I saw this MetalBird thing on Facebook or Instagram or something. I was pretty much sure she would love the kookaburra. And she did. She asked one of our other neighbours to put it on the fence pretty much straight away. She called me immediately to come and check it out. She even made me say goodbye to it when I left. But here's the thing. It's on the fence the wrong way.  It's supposed to be nailed in by the twig so you see the silhouette . It has been nailed flat against the post. I said nothing. She loved it. It's her present. Who am I to judge. She's the one sitting looking at it. Let's call that a win.

As the website says it should be


 

No comments:

Post a Comment