-->

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

November 22. Day 326. Working with my children ... and other animals



 It's nice to have a special skill. I believe the trio Susan, Winkle and Rumple are world leaders in the category of Humans who take Photographs of Birds while Assisted by Dogs.  The recreational activities of photographing birds and walking dogs (especially off leash) are simply not compatible and yet I insist on doing it.  You would not need to be an intellectual genius to work out why dogs do not make the best assistants for bird photographers. Dogs like to chase birds. Birds tend not to sit still and say cheese while being chased. This is not a match made in heaven. Still, if you have considered taking up the hobby, today I discovered an important safety tip I'm prepared to pass on. When you lift the camera to your face ready to go "snap", it's a good idea to not be holding a bag of freshly made dog poo. I bet you never thought of that. Despite the obstacles, today I added three new additions to the bird species I have photographed this week - a welcome swallow, a white-faced heron and a common tern. Yay us.






















No comments:

Post a Comment