-->

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

November 21. Day 325. If you build it ...

























Some time today a village sprung up on Mudjimba Beach. My best guess is that some time between the morning beach walk and the afternoon beach walk, a school group descended tasked with building and decorating in sand. They looked great.
The dogs showed their approval by peeing on the constructions. I would have considered that most inappropriate except for the fact that the sand castles were clearly not long for this world in any case. It was a race against time and the elements.
It was hard to tell whether the incoming tide or the approaching storm would get their first.
Certainly the storm nearly got us. We had turned for home and had our backs to it.
A gust of really cold wind made me turn and ... holy crap, it looked like the world was about to end.
I did my best interpretation of a run. We made it home just in time.


















No comments:

Post a Comment