-->

Friday, November 10, 2017

November 10. Day 314. He works hard for the money



Marking sucks. It really does but even I have to admit that there are much harder ways to earn a living. Not only can I mark in my PJs, I actually don't even need to get out of bed. When I find it all too much I can just roll over and have a nap. Compared to many I have it easy. Tonight in the Mall I met a busker, the likes of whom I'd never seen before. He was supporting his weight on a basketball and dancing. His upper body strength was incredible. His lower limbs were missing. Between songs, or when the crowd thinned he's lie on the cold mall pavers and regain his strength. Then he was up and at 'em again. We chatted. I think he said his name was John but my marking weary brain has forgotten. I commented that it looked exhausting and he said it's work and everyone's job is tiring in its own way. Perhaps but while I sometimes feel like I've processed my own body weight in essays I know it's not true. And I don't have to rely on tips ... which is probably just as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment