-->

Sunday, October 8, 2017

October 8. Day 281. I'll just duck down to the markets


Fact. I would be perfectly happy if for the rest of my life no checkout operator ever asked me if I had any plans for the weekend. It perplexes me no end why some customer service guru thinks your shopping experience will somehow be enhanced by a random person, who clearly cares not a jot what the answer is, asking how your day has been. So for me recreational shopping often means avoiding the chains and the checkout parrots. Today my mission was birthday present shopping. The males of the family wanted to go into the city so the dogs and I decided to market shop in the Botanic Gardens. (Truthfully, the dogs just wanted an outing and they love giving their regards to the ducks.) So off we went. I knew the stall I wanted (to avoid spoiler alerts I shall not reveal to my sister what product is sold there). The stall keeper did not ask about my day. He asked me if I still liked that thing I bought there last time (he named it. I won't. Again, no spoilers). He said that this time of year must be busy for university lecturers. In short, he remembered me from previous visits and personalised his service. He also gave me $10 off despite the fact I had the asking price out ready to pay him. "I like to look after my regulars," he said. That people is good service. We left happy. The dogs would have been happier had they had duck for lunch. That was about as likely as a checkout operator caring about my day.






No comments:

Post a Comment