-->

Wednesday, October 4, 2017

October 4. Day 277. You scratch my back




I can't stop itching. It's driving me crazy. You'll find me rubbing up against a door frame like a cat. You'll find me grabbing kitchen utensils trying to reach bits of my back. If I was a baby I'd have those mitts on me top stop me breaking skin by scratching. I don't have mitts so I have broken skin, all over my body. Apparently my problem is my liver. I knew the constant hangover meets morning sickness was a liver thing. Once before the medication for ulcerative colitis has taken me to this place. But last time I didn't have the itch. This time I have the itch badly. Worst of all because it's from my liver it can't be calmed by other itch remedies such as anti-histamines or lotions. I just have to wait for the liver to decide to function again. I must say this made me insanely jealous of my dogs this afternoon. We went over for our daily Margaret visit. Rumple planted himself beside her chair. "Would you like a scratch?" she said. "Here I'll scratch your back where you can't reach. That's feels good, doesn't it?"
I felt like screaming "when's my turn?".I would have lined up but that would have been weird. If I don't get relief soon I will.







No comments:

Post a Comment