-->

Thursday, October 26, 2017

October 26. Day 299. Scary stuff


All day yesterday we were warned they were coming. Super cell storms with hail as big as 10 centimetres in diameter would hit later today. The sky was already darkening when I took Margaret to the hairdresser at 3pm. It looked threatening.  I watched the sky while the washing and setting of hair took place. The hairdressers, all made up ready for the shopping centre's Halloween celebrations, agreed the downpour was about half an hour away when we left. The light show began. Both my husband and son had places they needed to be. I told them to go early to miss the deluge. The thunder rocked the house, the wind picked up and then ....nothing. If there was rain it wouldn't have measured in a rain gauge. There is no doubt someone got it somewhere but not us, not here. Some on social media were talking in terms of The Boy Who Cried Wolf. The way I see it, the forecast was "almost" right. There were storms. They were bad. They just didn't make it quite this far. I would prefer that than no warning and getting thumped when you least expect it.






1 comment:

  1. Oh, same happened here, so much wind though I was scared my Tamarillo and Mango tres would break. The top of the Tamarillo broke off at the last huge wind . I want fruit from it!!
    It is Monique on Twitter Susan!!

    ReplyDelete