-->

Monday, September 4, 2017

September 3. Day 246. Happy Father's Day


There's one thing I consider my "wifely" duty to perform on special occasions such as birthdays, anniversaries and fathers' day. Of course I mean cooking smelly fish. If you were thinking something else, shame on you. It's either kippers or sardines, disgusting things both of them. Today for Father's Day it would have been sardines - note to self. It's about time Drama Teen took over. Charles is, after all, not my father. But the sardines went missing, not even deliberately. So I resorted to the egg poached in the heart-shaped cookie cutter. It later turned out that Charles had put the tin of sardines in the fridge. I didn't even consider looking there. Who puts un-opened tinned food in the fridge? So that was breakfast. At dinner Drama Teen stepped up to the plate and booked a table at an Italian restaurant in Milton. A fine choice it was too. Far too many calories were consumed but all in a good cause.





No comments:

Post a Comment