-->

Sunday, August 27, 2017

August 27. Day 239. Having a ball on your birthday

The pocket rocket Scarlett in yellow
Kids these days, seriously. As I mentioned yesterday, I've been to two 21st birthday parties this year. In both cases the person we were toasting was a non drinker. The champagne flowed all around but not in their glasses. Back in my day ... we would have all woken up feeling like we'd died or wished that was the case. And today, the morning after the night before on my niece Scarlett's actual birthday, she was at the University of Queensland for a larcrose tournament. It was hot. It was full on and she was totally up for it. Your wallet, your liver and your Sunday thank you for being a non drinker. There was no way my 21-year-old self would have kept up the pace with or without a big night the night before. Indeed my much older self was tired just watching it and went home at half time. Still given larcrose is something she loves there's probably no better way to celebrate a milestone birthday.


















No comments:

Post a Comment