-->

Sunday, July 23, 2017

July 23. Day 204. To make you feel my love




I could make you happy, make your dreams come true. Nothing that I wouldn't do. Go to the ends of the Earth for you, To make you feel my love. To make you feel my love. Glorious lyrics penned by Bob Dylan, first recorded commercially by Billy Joel and today attributed to Adele. Yep, Adele. She may have recorded a wonderful version of it but I'm sorry kids, the song wasn't hers. I smirked in much the same way as I did at a school concert when a little one said I'm a Believer was a song from Shrek. Does it matter? For the record only. What I love is that really great songs stand the test of time and resonate across the generations. Today the "Adele" song was one of a number performed by members of the Fame Theatre Company for guests at senior citizens afternoon tea . The looks on the faces of those in the audience and on stage said it all. And while Dylan/Joel/Adele may have been singing about romantic love, there are other ways to make you happy. Music is a great start.






No comments:

Post a Comment