-->

Saturday, June 3, 2017

June 3. Day 154. Bridging the gap


I'm a right, regular foot soldier. That is, I have signed up for the Global Corporate Challenge. It's a 100-day employee health and performance program. It's a 100 days to try and seize the day and get off my increasingly large bottom and take control. And that means hitting the streets. And I have been. Tonight Drama Teen and I walked to Brisbane Arts Theatre. We walked a fair distance home too before ... wait for it ... we took a bus the rest of the way. That is even more impressive 17,020 steps I walked today and the 18,243 steps yesterday. Generally speaking, I don't do buses. If I have to get out of the car I'd prefer to walk. The thing about walking is you get a very different perspective on the world. You get to enjoy things that you barely notice behind he steering wheel. Take the Kurilpa Bridge, for instance. When it opened in 2009 it was described as oversized knitting needles, a magpie deflector or a dead spider lying on its back. But the international architecture community loved it and so do I. It is a thing of great beauty all lit up at night. And even if you don't like it you have to admit it's eye catching. Of course, if you look at it while you drive across the William Jolly Bridge you'll miss it if you blink (unless it's peak hour or there's a game at Suncorp Stadium. Then you might get a much, much longer look). On foot you can appreciate it at your leisure. I hope to be seeing a lot more of this and others during the next 90 something days





No comments:

Post a Comment