-->

Monday, May 15, 2017

May 15. Day 135. Quite a sting



It's not fair, she says stamping her foot. Well I would stamp my foot if I had the energy. When I woke this morning my left eye was stinging and my right year was blocked. Annoying. But then came the cough. It's a cough that sounds like a two pack a day over decades cough. It's a cough that sounds like you might draw your last breath at any moment. It's a cough that really hurts and which has been a periodic visitor for most of my life. This is most unfair seeing I am not and never have been a smoker. I have a tactic of ignoring it and hoping it will go away. It never works but I give it a go anyway. Not today. When the cool of night arrived I felt dreadful and called the late night doctor. He hadn't even walked through the front door when he heard me bark and said "bronchitis, huh" and reached for his prescription pad. Antibiotics and steroids.  And three days off work. I may even take medical advice. Or take up smoking so at least I deserve the cough.








No comments:

Post a Comment