-->

Monday, February 27, 2017

February 27. Day 28. The juggle begins


Day 1. Semester 1. Now the juggle really gets serious. In addition, today was the first official day of my gig as a TV reviewer on ABC Radio Brisbane. I've been filling in for four weeks and now my bum is in the chair. It would be totally wrong to even suggest something which is as much fun as this is work. It's not. It's a highlight of the week but I do have to fit it in. And a third dog joined the pack for a week with the return of my brother's beagle The Fed to our abode. And, of course, Drama Teen started Drama School today. Yeah, it's all happening. So it's perfectly fitting that today's pic is all about juggling, specifically the poi. According to that reliable source Wikipedia, the poi is
 a style of performing art and the equipment used for engaging in poi performance. The art, which has its origins with the Maori people in New Zealand, involves swinging tethered weights through a variety of rhythmical and geometric patterns. As if that doesn't sound dangerous enough poi artists may also sing or dance while swinging their poi. Advanced performers add fire. And I sometimes think what I juggle is impossible. I encountered a pair of young blokes practicing the poi in Musgrave Park as I was walking towards the ABC. They put on a bit of a show for me but I was told if I really wanted to see some advanced action with the fire and so on Kangaroo Point on a Sunday afternoon was the place to go.
I'll see if I can juggle a few things to fit it in

































No comments:

Post a Comment