-->

Saturday, October 8, 2016

October 8. Day 282. Love on the rocks

When Neil Diamond, an artist I love

 far, far more than is right for someone my age, sang about love on the rocks it had most negative connotations.
"Not much you can do when the feeling is gone
May be blue skies above
But it's cold when you love's on the rocks"

There was love on the rocks of quite a different nature today - my dogs for each other and me for them. I found myself on the Sunshine Coast for a reunion of employees of the Sunshine Coast Daily. My first stint at the Daily was my first job out of uni and I can say, without a shadow of a doubt, the daily years were the time of my life. I went back for another 10 years with husband and then late a son. Another great period but not the party years which come with the first proper job. Back then I was the party girl. Too many a time, I crawled home at daybreak. A party wasn't a party unless the police were called because of the noise. Now I'm the one more likely to be calling the police. I need to get to bed so I can get up and take the dogs to the beach. In the first six years of stint one at the daily I don't think I went to the beach once. Nightclubs were my party place. Now happiness is the beach and I sort of believe older is wiser. I thoroughly enjoyed catcing up with everyone but at 10.30 I knew it was pull the plug or suffer big time. Plus I needed to get back to the dogs. Susan Hetherington of old doesn't recognise this older me. I'm okay with that.











No comments:

Post a Comment