-->

Friday, July 15, 2016

July 15. Day 197. Feeding frenzy

There are times in very person's life when you realise the words coming out of your mouth or the thoughts in your head confirm you have become your mother. I call those times breakfast. My poor mother would argue with me every single day about the importance of breakfast. She would beg me to eat and I would refuse. The stupidity of it all. Breakfast is part of the natural order. If I skip it now I am not a person you would like to know by 10am (many people would say I am not a person you would like with or without food at any time of the day or night. To them I say "talk to my dogs. They will vouch for my awesome character"). But nature is full of examples of the importance of breaking the fast no matter what. This morning I was at South Bank sat breakfast time. The birds were in a feeding frenzy. One bird, I presume it was some type of quail, was clearly not too sure about the large human type with the camera close by (fair call too, given how delicious I find quail). It looked at me. It looked at some delicious morsel dropped by another human. It repeated it and them decided food outweighed fear. I get that. I really do. It was breakfast time after all.









No comments:

Post a Comment