-->

Thursday, June 9, 2016

June 9. Day 161. I'm late. I'm late for a very important date

Apart from the fact that I wasn't alive in 1865 when Lewis Carroll wrote Alice's Adventures in Wonderland or even when Disney turned it into a film 1951, the White Rabbit character could have been based on me. I seem to spend my life in a perpetual state of lateness that stresses me no end. While chasing your tail is obviously awesome fun when you are a dog, for humans - and here I mean me - it's no fun at all. The irony is that it is in the moments that my dogs are out in tail chasing mode that I am most likely going to slow down. Dog walking time is the time of day I take a breath and give myself permission to slow down and smell the roses. Today's "down time" saw us at Newstead. I had an hour to kill while Drama Teen was at audition classes so the dogs and I explored the river, the fringes of Newstead House and the Riverwalk. If I've walked in this part of town before, I can't remember it and I must say it was most enjoyable. I particularly liked the rabbit mural painted into a tree. You see these things if you slow down for a second. I also enjoyed the fact that just about everyone around was also just relaxing and enjoying a perfect winter's day. I reminded myself to do this more often. I'll probably be too busy chasing my tail or scurrying down some rabbit hole to listen.
Today's steps:  14 372




No comments:

Post a Comment