-->

Saturday, June 18, 2016

June 18. Day 170. Knowing your place

There is, of course, a natural pecking order which, if nothing else, saves a lot of time and effort working out where you are in the line with every encounter. We all know where we stand, we know our place, which has to be better than being put in your place. So it was today on a rather delightful outing to the University of Queensland Lakes with my friend Alison and her toddler Elliott. The young man was delighted to see me but I was not the main game. In order the pecking order was Winkle, Rumple, Ducks and Turtles. I think I probably even came in after monkeys until he realised that while the botantic gardens at home have monkeys there would be none today. While I think of it, the water bubblers, rocks to throw and the earth moving equipment were probably also more interesting than I was. But that's cool because that's what being a toddler is all about - going out and exploring all the sights, sounds and tastes of the world. A crazy puppy who licks you or the splash of water from a rock thrown into the pond or a water bubbler is exciting. The trick is to try and capture just a bit of that innocent delight.











No comments:

Post a Comment