-->

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

June 1. Day 153. True colours


 It was an historic victory or a tragic defeat depending on how you look at it. But in the end it is the victors who get to tell the story. Winners are grinners and losers can please themselves. Either way what actually happened on the field of battle will always be a question of interpretation not just in the moment but later. A version will be written down, recorded in the history books and that will become the truth, whether or not it is true. Natutrally, as anyone who knows me will attest, I am not talking about a football match. Sure half of the country considered the only event worth talking about today to be State of Origin football. I am not one of those people. It's not that I hate the game, as such, I just hate that it is described in terms of the State's pride on the line. It's a sports match. That's it. And personally I would prefer to measure our success as a State in terms of scores in other areas. So the Queensland victories as I scored them today were as follows:
1) Strictly Gershwin. Score one Queensland Ballet for achieving the Australian premiere of this work first performed by the English National Ballet. Stunning, glamorous and lavish thing it was too.
2) The Tragedy of Richard III, an original Queensland production that is based on Shakespeare's work, loosely and very provocatively. Audiences who catch this at La Boite are in for a treat.
As I am writing this, this is my truth or my spin or my take and in a way that's the message the blood soaked production of the tale of the crippled king. What is actually "historically accurate". Is it a case of "never let the truth get in the way of a good story". As none of us was there we can't know. Mostly we just accept because it is easier and that's the agreed position. See this and you may never do it again and that would be an awesome Queensland victory.
Today's steps: 15,030


No comments:

Post a Comment