-->

Sunday, May 29, 2016

May 29. Day 150. Nice play

She played me too well using a trigger word she knew I was not capable of resisting. Beach. According to Dictionary.com, a Trigger Word is "a word that initiates a process or course of action". So just as Pavlov's dogs, salivated at the sound of a bell asking if I had plans to go to the beach would, inevitably, get my fingers hitting the keyboard keys necessary to bring up dog friendly accommodation on my computer. My delightful niece Scarlett and her boyfriend Alex were involved in lacrosse games at Caloundra this weekend. They could either drive up and back from Brisbane each day or find somewhere to stay ... Who do we know who might be staying at the beach any given weekend? Well played, I say. Of course, I was totally complicit in this. They may have put bait on the hook but I allowed myself to be reeled in. Truth is there was little or no resistance. I don't need much of an excuse and Drama Teen and both fur friends were willing bycatch in the cunning plan. Having been taken in hook, line and sinker, I was determined to make the most out of every moment of it. While the three teens slept, the dogs and I left the house early and hit the beach. There I had a long chat to three blokes collecting bait fish. They explained that they walked along the beach each morning looking out for the schools of bait fish. When they are located they throw bread in the water to bring the fish close to shore then cast their nets. For old blokes, they said, it saves money on bait and helps fund their hobby. Now all I need is to find a way of funding mine ...
*Today's match was an 8-8 draw but Alex, number 23, did score. I was left wondering how anyone survives a pretty ruthless game.
**Today's step count, thanks to two beach walks and a few laps of the lacrosse field: 15 126














No comments:

Post a Comment