-->

Saturday, May 28, 2016

May 28. Day 149. On a high


 It would have been so easy to stay home this weekend and put my head under the doona.
I can't say I didn't think about it.
But the easy way is rarely the best, at least in my experience. You reap what you sow.
 So the dividends for finding dog friendly accommodation, booking, paying, packing, driving 100 kilometres and unpacking are huge.
The beach is my happy place.
I am pretty sure it is the dogs' happy place too but they haven't actually said owing to the fact that they can't actually speak.
However, in this and in some many other things actions speak louder than words and the level of excitement from the time the suit case appears is palpable.
By the time we hit the sand and the leads come off they explode into action.
If that's not joy, I don't know what is.
It has been a very, very long time since Caloundra has been my vacation destination - I estimate 30 years but given the high we are all on tonight it will be a much, much shorter gap before we return. Life, for us, is a beach.




No comments:

Post a Comment