-->

Thursday, May 12, 2016

May 12. Day 133. Ready to fly




Under Queensland law, learner drivers have to complete 100 hours under the supervision of a licence holder. For the most part that falls on a parent. Drama Teen is almost there. He's clocked up 99 and a half hours and he's ready to fly. Let me calculate what percentage of that was with me supervising. There was that and that and that. Yep. Nothing. Not a minute. Not one. From day one, I said "I'm really sorry, I can't." I am the world's worst passenger. Hopeless. I'm constantly reaching for the imaginary brake pedal. And that's with drivers with decades of experience. Well that was before today. With the other parent away for work and the teen desperate to lodge that log book, I agreed. AND .... I survived. I can't say I enjoyed it but I didn't scream or cry or jump out a moving vehicle so that's a win, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment