-->

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

May 11. Day 132. A shot in the arm


I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. I know I was coughing on my birthday on April 1 which is at least six weeks ago. The situation has continued despite three courses of antibiotics and steroids. "Go back to the doctor," my family urges, probably believing this is a better alternative than holding a pillow over my head to stop the intolerable death rattle. Yeah, yeah, I think when I get time. Working mothers are stupid selfless people. A study out this week found only one in 20 take the necessary time to rest and recuperate when sick.  Mums put their health second to that of their family, the study found.  We all know you need to put your own oxygen mask on first before you can help others but mothers (by which I mean me) seem content to go without oxygen. At least that's what I've been doing. Point in question. I made an appointment for Drama Teen to have his annual flu shot. I was going to drive him there even though allegedly I didn't have time to go to the doctor myself. Madness. Fortunately I came to my senses in time and we both went to the GP. He is now immunised against four strains on the flu and I need to take more steroids and have a chest X-Ray. Now when am I going to find time for that?!


No comments:

Post a Comment