-->

Friday, April 8, 2016

April 8. Day 99. Face it


You can tell a lot a about a person by his or her face. I mean there's the resting bitch face and the poker face. You can put on your happy face or the sad face. But here's the thing. The face can lead but the body must follow. A smile doesn't prove anything if it stops at the mouth. You see it in the eyes and a really good smile warms the whole body not just of the person who gives but of the person who receives.
Today was one of those "fake it until you make it" type days. Sleep deprived and sick I looked like frankenstein's monster but without the scars or the charm. Fearing this would scare the children I put on a happy face and through myself into teaching. I think I pulled it off at least to the extent that no-one left the room in tears, not even me. I did, however, leave as soon as possible to take my resting bitch face home for a rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment