-->

Friday, March 4, 2016

March 4. Day 64. Rolling in the grass


It is so easy to forget to find joy in the simple things - especially when you find yourself locked into a crazy schedule. This is, of course, exactly the time it is most important to stop and smell the flowers either literally or figuratively. For me the canines remind me of this of ever I struggle to make the commitment for myself. This afternoon was going to be Nudgee Beach but time forced a rethink and the off leash area along Kedron Brook made sense. As soon as the leashes were off it was apparent this was a good choice.  Within seconds I'd lost Winkle she emerged soaking wet. The shackles had been removed and she was going to make the most of it. When there's long grass you can either worry about snakes or go for a roll. I tend to see the snakes, the dogs remind me that it's a lot more fun when you don't let fear restrict you. You might get dirty paws. You might need to clean up after yourself but it is a small price to pay for going off the leash and refusing to be led.



No comments:

Post a Comment