-->

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

February 17. Day 48. Lucky duck

When you are in pain keeping a sense of humour and or perspective is pretty bloody difficult. For the past three days both my head and my temperament have been unpleasant. Feeling like cranial surgery is being undertaken without anaesthetic tends to make a person a little testy. Then this afternoon with the right pain relief and after a lot of rest in a darkened room, the pain cloud lifted and the world seemed like a brighter place. The little ducklings at South Bank made me smile and tonight I experienced a performance the likes of which I've never seen before. A heritage-listed reservoir at Spring Hill has been turned into an intimate venue six metres underground. The atmosphere and the acoustics are amazing. With a now clear head I realised that I am a lucky duck to be able to experience such things. I'll try to remember that next time the pain hits.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment