-->

Thursday, January 7, 2016

January 7. Day 7. Sleepy head

 I think the saddest day of my life (okay, I exaggerate but not by much) was when my son gave up his afternoon nap. Other mums found the afternoon nap time to be a great window to get a few things done. Bugger that. Afternoon nap time was afternoon nap time - for all. Often we would have what I called cuddily snuggily time and we would both wake up warm and rested and ready to take on the rest of the day. But I loved the pink cheeks and the slightly dazed look in the moments between being asleep and being awake. It is a delightful state that half awake, half asleep period where reality and dreams sort of merge. And while many people grow out of the afternoon sleep the truth is I never did or I grew back into it pretty bloody quickly. The baby nap, grew up to be the night owl/day sleep teenager and by now it's probably a premature nanna nap. But call it what you will it is still something I love. And after I had mine today I was able to witness my little mate Elliott waking from his all pink cheeks and innocence.

No comments:

Post a Comment