-->

Saturday, January 30, 2016

January 30. Day 30. Watch and learn

They say it's not what you know it's who you know. There is almost certainly something in that but it is totally not all the story. If my day job as a lecturer in journalism has taught me anything it is that success depends on a couple of other things. One is natural talent and the other is a willingness and determination to learn.  My ability to teach is limited in no small measure by a student's thirst to learn and commitment to practice the craft to make perfect. This is why I love my new photo buddy Eva. I learned recently that Eva is keen on photography and was given a camera for Christmas. As she lives at South Bank - one of my favourite places to take the camera - I suggested she might like to join me for photo walk. She jumped at the chance. This morning we did it. I love that someone not yet 14 would be out of bed at 6am on a Saturday morning ready to grab the camera and go. I don't claim to be an expert photographer but after years of taking photos every day and the lessons learned from thousands of images, I have picked up a thing or two and Eva was really keen to learn. She has a good eye - that I can't teach. The can do attitude I can totally work with.


No comments:

Post a Comment