-->

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

November 18. Day 322. Fly, little one. Fly


 Proud protective parents standing guard. It's what we do. It's what the birds at South Bank were doing this morning. What I didn't take a photo of was the ibis which was standing at the corner opposite the papa bird. It could have been waiting for its chance to attack. I doubt it. It looked like it was part of the protection team. The village raising the child. Today my "baby" boy attended a final high school retreat where they reflected on graduating and on their school journey. They also received personal letters from their teachers. Those letters made me cry. It made me cry that teachers would take time at this crazy busy period of the school year to write to their students. But what really made me cry was that each letter showed that the teachers knew my son, knew what made him tick and were happy to express their bitter sweet thoughts at letting him and the rest of his flock fly off into the world. It has been a long and often difficult road to this point but having the village help raise the child made it not only possible but all the more rewarding. I can't thank them enough.


1 comment:

  1. Your son's school must be a fantastic one, no turning the children and really taking care of them. Congratulations and I hope to read many more of drama teen's adventures. Good luck to all of you!
    Monique

    ReplyDelete