-->

Monday, September 21, 2015

September 21. Day 264. Fair or Fowl


When it was suggested to my neighbour Margaret that she might be better off not feeding the street fowl out of her front window because of all the chicken shit on the front path she responded immediately - she started feeding them out the side window.
One thing you can be sure of, that lady's mind is not for changing. Sharp as an axe and stubborn as an ox, her body might be failing but her will sure isn't.
I haven't even bothered to raise the subject of the fowl feeding because I know it would be a waste of time. She loves it when the birds come calling and I'm not going to deny her that.
I'll just stay well clear of the side path.
She tells me she only ever gives them the crusts but as I'm the one buying her groceries I can only assume the bread she buys has an unusual number of crusts. It has started disappearing at an alarming rate since the free range brigade started calling. This is a coincidence I am sure. It's fair not fowl, in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment