-->

Sunday, August 30, 2015

August 30. Day 142. Walking on Sunshine

I have, perhaps not unfairly, been accused of a small problem with over-packing. I mean, really, who knows when you will need a kitchen sink? Still even I don't feel the need to take a clothes line with all the washing on it AND a washing machine out for a walk. Generally speaking I also tend to leave the superhero get up at home when taking a stroll. Not strictly needed. But let's be honest, NEED has nothing to do with it when it comes to a fun charity event.
The annual Bridge to Brisbane 10 kilometre walk is the city's biggest charity walk with tens of thousands pounding the pavement for charity and fitness. Some people take it deadly seriously and worry about such things as person bests but many see it as a great excuse for a day out with the family or colleagues or a chance to dress up.
I've done the full walk and the shorter five kilometre version many a time but I'm embarrassed to say this year I missed the entry deadline because of one thing or another (actually probably the same thing over and over again but the less said about that the better). Still that didn't mean missing out entirely. Out we went to the course this morning to cheer the competitors on. Showing a huge amount of restraint I left the dirty washing at home. It was still there when I returned, more's the pity.












1 comment:

  1. Such a well supported event and I love all the costumes, they look very intent on their 10k, I hope they all made it. Thank you for sharing with me on Country Kids.

    ReplyDelete