-->

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

July 14. Day 195. Scratching my head



Seriously it was like a bad Sit Com and it had me still scratching my head 12 hours later as I hit Mount Cooth-tha this morning. Last night I'm sitting on the couch, hair wet from the shower looking less than fetching in my PJs when I get a Facetime video call from my husband. He's in Sri Lanka. I take it without hesitating and there he is grinning like a Cheshire Cat. Before I get the chance to say more than "hi" a waving Sri Lankan man excitedly jumps into the frame and all I can think is "at least they are my good PJs". I later learn that the whole thing was taking place in the Apple store in Colombo, on a video screen where many of the locals who hadn't yet seen Facetime in action were watching. Lordy. I'm not the type of girl who's never seen without make-up. For me appearance is not everything but trying to create a good first impression does matter especially in a professional sense. Generally speaking I try to avoid meeting work colleagues in my jarmies, even the good ones (jarmies and colleagues). I'm pretty sure that can't be tat hard to understand even for someone inclined to slightly bird-brained moments like Charles. Still, there's absolutely no doubt it would have created an impression and at least I avoided letting the words in my head come out my mouth ....




No comments:

Post a Comment