-->

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

June 30. Day 181. Ducky

It's easy to overlook the great things right in front of your eyes. Most days for three years I walked through the Brisbane Botanic Gardens almost daily as a university student. Later, I worked for six years at the same campus again taking very regular walks through the gardens. But the gardens were just a path from where I was to where I needed to be. I never bothered to stop by the duck pond or sit on the grass or enjoy the sun. It's now a place I love to just hang out with the dog, the camera and anyone else I can convince to come along. Today I was with my friend Alison and my little mate Elliott. We checked out the wildlife and discovered the new playground. Elliott loved every moment (especially the moments which involved the water bubbler). It reminded me again not to take for granted the simple things.





1 comment:

  1. Elliott looks totally captivated with the botanical Gardens, sometimes it takes a child's enthusiasm to see the simple things in a new light.Gorgeous photos of a happy time. Thank you for sharing with me on Country Kids.

    ReplyDelete