-->

Saturday, April 11, 2015

April 11. Day 101. The odd couple

I call them Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Dumber or D1 and D2. They are the canine odd couple. By rights they shouldn't like each other but they are the best buddies ever. When Fed comes to stay he slots in to the family like he's never left. This also means he reclaims his space in my bed - Rumple generally at my head and Fed at my feet. From his spot, Fed watched me this morning as I got up for bathroom duties. When he realised this was getting up time not bathroom break he stretched up and nudged Rumple with his nose. While I don't pretend to speak canine, I'm pretty sure the message was "come on mate, we're on".
By the time I was at the bottom of the stairs they were waiting side by side ready to go. They walk quietly on a double lead to the beach and then it's on for young and old. And so it continues until I sit at the edge of the dunes. That signals game over and they come and sit either side of me and I give them a treat and put them back on the lead and we walk quietly home.

No comments:

Post a Comment