-->

Sunday, January 4, 2015

January 4. Day 4. It's a wonderful world

Bored. Bored. Bored. Chairman of the Bored. For the most part I love school holidays because it takes away two of the huge pressure points of our houeshold - getting out of the door on time and homework. And the thing I hate about holidays can be summed up in one word: "bored". We've avoided bored this long summer break until today and today the grand champion bored performance was played out. So I did the only thing any self respecting mother can do when faced with such a situation - I went out. As my friend Al and baby Elliott are only in Brisbane for a couple more days I decided to spend time with them. Fact is, when you are nine months old most things are exciting. Blowing raspberries, Awesome. Throwing a spoon on the floor. Fascinating. Seeing how many fingers I can stick in my mouth. No end of fun there. This look of awe is spotting a plane flying overhead. Yep, that's totally out of this world and I for one will never get bored with that that look of wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment