-->

Sunday, October 26, 2014

October 26. Day 299. Feeling blue




I've seen the future and I don't like the look of it.
Regardless of how my body feels on occasions, I'm just not ready to join the blue rinse set and now I know why. This afternoon I joined hundreds of others at the River Stage for Spring Flare. The festival is based on the Indian festival of The colour festival, which has come to be known as Holi which is celebrated as a way of overcoming barriers of separation as young and old, rich and poor, man and woman, friend and stranger, all take to the streets to throw colours in an act of unity. That's pretty much what the scene was in Brisbane today. With my camera on board I tried to document rather than participate in the event so when both my husband and son said I had blue in my hair I was thinking traces. Some hours later I looked in the mirror and we are talking something resembling Marge Simpson. Blue is clearly not my colour. Still it was totally worth it for the chance to be part of an outdoor event which clearly brings so much joy. Actually, I think it is an antidote to feeling blue.



8 comments:

  1. Great snaps as usual. I dined at Southbank today (Stokehouse) and was curious about the particularly colourful crowd. Thanks for the background. PS - favourite pic is the gap-toothed cherub painted red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab photos - that looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow fantastic shots!! Looks soooo much fun! Love the meaning behind it all with breaking down barriers. Popping over from country kids

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely! Happy smiley faces in color! Just lovely to look at and I can only imagine how better this event looks like in real life =) #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what an amazing experience. Your photos are fantastic x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Incredible photographs of a very fun and wonderful looking event with a great purpose!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing pictures! Looks like a great event :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that looks like so much fun for everyone! Fab photos!

    ReplyDelete