-->

Saturday, October 11, 2014

October 11. Day 284. Sanity

Stress balls, government information stands, workshops, speakers and advoactes for the not for profit sector, these things I would totally expcect at a Sanity Fair. Inflatable slides, pony rides, face painting, baby animal zoo, music, tug of war and choirs - not so much.
But it makes absolute sense. Because this is a sanity fair and having fun in the great outdoors with the family is really good for the soul. And  stopping these things, the fun things in life, is often the first sign of declining mental health. Drawing attention to these things is what the fair was all about, which I welcome with open arms as someone who has battled with the black dog a lot of late.




3 comments:

  1. I've never heard of a stress fair before but I think you're right that making sure the kids are entertained and having fun is a big help and as you say good for the soul!! Popping over from country kids

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for a fair, I've never heard of one either but I definitely like the idea. What a great way to remind yourself to find joy in the little things. The little one looks like he's having a fab time on the slide and pony ride! Thanks for coming along and linking up with Country Kids

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're completely right and I hadn't realised. When you're beginning to feel down you do stop doing fun things. Conversely I think making yourself go out and enjoy fun stuff, can help prevent the black dog from taking up residence?

    Nipping over from Country Kids.

    ReplyDelete