-->

Friday, July 25, 2014

July 25, Day 206. Sun sets on another week

Most people in this part of the planet live their lives according to the Gregorian calendar. It is s fine calendar that serves most people well. I am not one of those people, well not entirely. My life is dominated by another calendar, the QUT Academic Calendar. This document determines when I teach, when friends can expect to hear nothing from me apart from grunts and tweets about how hideous marking is and when I might be found "researching" by the pool. This week, according to that calendar, is Week 1 and that means we are putting the pedal to the metal again for Semester 2. 
To be honest, this is the part of the academic year I enjoy most. Teaching suits me far better than administrivia, despite the whinging about marking. But because it is a busy time I admit that I was rather happy to see the sun setting on this working week.

No comments:

Post a Comment