-->

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

July 16. Day 197. Raindrops keep falling on my head

Other people collect beer coasters, match boxes or spoons. I collect something equally as useless - umbrellas. I have giant golf ones, ones that fold neatly, souvenir ones from places I have visited, ones with spots and ones with stripes. And today one that looks like the colours of the ocean. All very lovely. Now "normal" people will argue that umbrellas are not useless. And in theory they are right. But an umbrella that is in the car your husband took to work, or one in the office when you are not, or at home when you are out is about as functional as a collector's edition matchbox. So another one today because of a heavy shower that started just as I was leaving an appointment in the city. It stopped before I had walked beyond the cover of the building's awning. I am such a drip ....

No comments:

Post a Comment