-->

Monday, March 10, 2014

March 10. Day 69. Puzzling behaviour

If I was able to choose a super power it would be the ability to shift time, rather like time turner Hermoine had in Harry Potter. There never seems to be enough hours in the day. I am, like just about everyone else in the first world, time poor. Which only makes my behaviour even more puzzling. I mean, really, why would a person who gets fatigued just by looking at the day's to-do list suddenly find a compelling need to play a bit of Candy Crush. This makes no sense at all. Nor did playing Bejewelled Blitz, or Angry Birds or Tetris or whatever game came before it. And lest you think my time wasting was only invented with the arrival of computers and smart phones into my life let me say it is not so. Smart devices have made time wasting more convenient but my special talent for losing hours has origins before the first digital natives were conceived. I can recall many hours putting together jigsaw puzzles, bending over the dining room table until my eyes bulged and my neck throbbed. And always, always when I got to the end there was at least one piece missing. What a waste of time that was. And yet that never deterred me. I suspect this is why my eyes were drawn to this strange piece of artwork in the Visual Arts display area at work today. Jigsaw pieces on the carpet (which is where I think all my missing pieces ended up over the years). And just to prove how little has changed I wasted a considerable amount of time fluffing around trying to find the right angle to photograph them. When it comes to time poor management I repeatedly show where there is a lack of will power, there is a way. Puzzling, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment