-->

Saturday, January 4, 2014

January 4. Day 4. Clear and present danger

As a journalism educator, I must say I am tragically disappointed at the coverage of the current heat wave, and in particular references to the dangers it poses.
I've heard about
1) Heatstroke
2) Bushfires and
3) Injuries resulting from the wild surf
But where are your inquiry skills people? Let me tell you about the dangers in my house
1) The danger that will result when my accountant husband sees the power bill that will results from 24/7 use of the cranked up air conditioner
2) The danger of living with a fur friend who does not see why 40 degree heat should be any reason not to sleep on your human's head and
3) The danger of pool play * as demonstrated in this image.**
Bring your TV cameras round to my place people and I'll show you what real dangers exist. Things are hotting up around here.
*No teenager was hurt in the taking of this image
** Chilling in the pool with Dad is never going to be boring

7 comments:

  1. Gosh, hope you're coping in the heat! We're coping in the opposite extreme :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sitting here writing in front of the fireplace wishing I was in a dangerous pool with an air-conditioning rather than heating bill! And ...great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our children would consider it a luxury to be lounging in the pool, but then they have never experienced your extreme temperatures! Good luck with the bill and keeping the teenager safe in the pool and I hope you have some respite from the heat soon. Thanks for linking and sharing your fab shot with Country Kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What I wouldn't give for a bit of a heatwave right now! Glad you have a pool to cool off in when needed. Enjoy it if you can! #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like lots of fun, but I had no idea there were heatwaves out there. Hope you are all OK and coping alright. I would be in "no clothes" everyday in extreme heat. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I'd love a swimming pool (preferably indoors in this weather!) and a/c during the Summer months.

    ReplyDelete