-->

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

January 15. Day 15. Take a cold shower

I think a few people should really just take a cold shower. The people who come to mind are the members of my immediate family (me included).
The household has been struck down by what I shall call power bill shock. It's a particularly severe case. Our response to the recent oppressive heat has been to pump up the air conditioning and hang the cost. Well that attitude has come home to roost and let's just say it's not pretty.
So it's time to go all Survivor and get back to basics, where basics includes the use of the pool and the fridge but restricted use of AC. I know, that's hardcore but that's how it's going to be people. If you are hot, take a cold shower. That ruling is final and will not be modified, ever, or until the water usage bill arrives, whichever is sooner.

1 comment:

  1. Do you know I was only talking about this with my mum the other day when we were watching a BBC programme called 'Wanted Down Under' (Brits who are considering relocating to Oz and spend a week trying the lifestyle - 'cos that's enough time to make a decisio!). The electricity bill must be phenomenal because it's not like you can have your windows open with all those creepy crawlies etc, is it?

    Love the water splash capture, thank God for action setting on the camera or I'd never manage it.

    ReplyDelete