-->

Monday, December 16, 2013

December 15. Day 249. Parting is such sweet sorrow

Put it in your diary now. On, or about December 17, 2016 I shall cry bucket loads of tears. Truth is being such a sook I will probably cry about 485,000 times between now and then but this will be a special Kleenex moment. Invest in the shares. Don't say you weren't warned.
That day will be Drama Teen's last performance at Fame after 14 years and that's an official cry baby moment. The Fame Theatre Company has been a huge part of Mr O's life since he was 5 but the journey will end at the senior cabaret performance that year when he officially reaches the age cap. I can tell you now it will be a sad moment and tonight I got a sneak preview at just how that will look.
The 2013 seniors performed their last show and the tears flowed. Pictured is Harriet, one of the students on the Fame stage for the last time.
I don't know if Drama Teen will shed tears (although I suspect he will) or if big boys don't cry but I know I will.
And for the record  it will not just at the thought of the fees it has cost me in that time ... parting is such sweet sorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment