-->

Sunday, September 22, 2013

September 22. Day 265. Breeding like rabbits

I don't get it. It's not that I don't love the giant pink bunnies springing up all over town. It's just that I have no idea what they have to do with the Brisbane Festival and furthermore why you would choose one of the State's worst environmental pests as a symbol of awesomeness. In fact, find a rabbit and you need to report it to Biosecurity Queensland. It's illegal to keep, feed or supply a rabbit and doing so could land you with a $40,000 fine. So one small bundle of fur, even desexed, will cost you big time but big time rabbits have been allowed to take up home on some of the most prestige pieces of real estate in the city. Unusual in the extreme.
I have to admit that this bloke creates quite a statement sitting on top of the Kangaroo Point cliffs overlooking the city. I might not understand what the statement means but I approve just the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment