-->

Thursday, August 29, 2013

August 29. Day 241. Birds of a feather

They say that you can tell a lot about a person from the company she keeps.
If this is the case I must be a bit of a bird brain and constantly in a bit of a flap. That's about right, as it happens.
Anyway, for what ever reason I seem to regularly find myself in the company of bird fanciers. Today it happened twice - in the form of my present neighbour Margaret and a former neighbour Clare.
Mid afternoon, Margaret called me across to sign her postal vote form. She'd spied me from her window where she was feeding her feathered friends. While I signed the form, Rumple got to sample a little of the bird mince.
Later in the day, Rumple and I went to visit Grandma and dropped in on John and Clare, the neighbours of my childhood.
Again it was bird feeding time and the clothes line was weighed down with a load of coloureds in the form of rainbow lorikeets.
They were screeching louder than a roller coaster full of children. But what a pretty sight. Yep, birds of a feather do flock together.

No comments:

Post a Comment