-->

Monday, June 17, 2013

June 17. Day 168. Winter blues

This time of year totally sucks. I am not a winter person. At all.
I don't do cold. I know, I know. What Brisbane calls winter doesn't even count in most parts of the world but I don't live in those parts of the world for a good reason.
I spent the day chasing the sun, moving myself and my marking as the sun moved. It didn't improve the quality of the assignments but it gave me a more sunny disposition as I marked which the students should be thankful for.
When the sun had largely gone I set out for a walk. Even I have to admit that one of the trade offs for the colder weather is a beautiful clarity and freshness in the air.
This is the view from the top of the hill as the lights started to come on in the city. It does warm the heart. It does not, however, warm the body. Bring on summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment